50+% reduction in water usage – 100% cleaning effect
ODYREF A91, a simple, complete solution that provides high-performance anti-corrosion protection, combined with highly effective dispersant cleaning power.
Starch mill, Marne, France
Contact at ODYSSEE
Type of system
Open cooling tower
GEA – 3159 kW
System volume: 3,700 gallons
3rd biggest European player in the starch & sugar sector
After changing its production techniques, the plant’s water loop had switched to reverse-osmosis water, so the client no longer had any raw water in direct proximity to its cooling towers.
The solutions under consideration were either to create a new insulated, traced raw water distribution line, installed overhead and over a long distance (approx. 2,300 ft), or to find a technique for feeding the reverse-osmosis water into the towers.
ODYREF A91 is perfectly suited to semi-open circuits containing aluminum and galvanized steel and supplied strictly with softened and/or reverse-osmosis water.
The inhibitors used in ODYREF A91’s formulation protect the walls through the adsorption of a monomolecular film, which makes it possible to avoid any contact between the water and the metal surfaces of the system, with a single point of injection and without disrupting the heat exchanges.
In short, ODYSSEE’s solution made it possible to:
- Significantly increase concentrations from 3 to 5-6, without however going as high as 10-11 (most likely due to clogging by the load air)
- Reduce water consumption by 50%, from 3.5 million gallons over 110 days to 2.1 million gallons over 140 days of operations
- Control the risk of legionella
- Implement an immediate solution requiring no construction work
- Eliminate a risky chemical process that regulated water pH levels through acidification (H2SO4)
- Achieve a clean tower, thanks to a combination of reverse-osmosis make-up water and treatment with ODYREF A91 that eliminates deposits
- Maintain good anti-corrosion protection.